Digital business experts Manchester Digital and a consortium ‘GoDigital’ made up of the White Room, Hive and InnovateHer, will deliver a series of projects supporting the whole of secondary education and beyond.
The programme is part of the Greater Manchester Digital Strategy which aims to put Greater Manchester in the top 5 European Digital City Regions by 2020.
The Go Digital offer to schools includes:
- A digital assembly to spark excitement
- A hands-on one day digital making and marketing session
- Support to set up a Code Club
- Access to the award-winning 8 week InnovateHer programme for 200 year 8 girls designed to improve their skills and confidence and give them access to careers mentoring, led by female role models from industry
- Access to a 3-day Digi Deep Dive programme for boys and girls delivered by Digital Advantage and Hive Learning Network
- A visit to the inspiring Sharp Project
- A final challenge event for all students to celebrate their achievements
The Digital Futures programme pathway is an industry-led education support programme for young people aged 14 to 16, teachers and career leads, designed to connect education and industry through harnessing real role models and industry mentors.
The Digital Futures offer to schools includes:
- Bringing the computer science curriculum to life in the classroom with support from industry experts
- Helping students and career leads gain insights into working in digital careers from people doing those jobs
- Providing inspiring industry experience visits to digital and technology employers for students, teachers and career leads
- GM Digital Day 2020 – an annual celebration day of digital skills for all schools in Greater Manchester – Save the date 7th February 2020.
To find out more or sign-up to the programme pathways go to: www.gmdigitalskills.comBack to all blogs